Magnolia Bakery Blueberry Jamboree
Copy Cat Recipe of Magnolia Bakery Blueberry Jamboree. A bright, delicious flavors come together to make a beautiful and memorable blueberry dessert that is perfect for Mother’s Day, Easter and other Spring and Summer special occasions.
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Copy Cat Magnolia Bakery Recipe
- Blueberry Topping:
- 2 pints fresh blueberries (approx 4 cups)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1½ tbsp corn starch mixed with 1½ tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted or un-toasted (toasted gives a little richer and nuttier flavor)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Make the glaze first by combining 1 pint (approx 2 cups) blueberries, granulated sugar, brown sugar and one tablespoon water in a small or medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly and try to smash or pop some of the blueberries to help bring more liquid to keep sugar from burning. Once sugar is dissolved and blueberry mixture is starting to boil. Pour in the water cornstarch mixture and stir constantly while mixture comes back to a boil and thickens slightly.
- This will take about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining 1 pint of fresh blueberries, the lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well and then transfer to the fridge to cool. This mixture needs to be completely cool when added to the top of the dessert.
- To make crust preheat oven to 325 degrees and combine melted butter, flour and chopped pecans in a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and press the flour pecan mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool while you make the filling. (I put it in the fridge to help it cool faster)
- To make the filling you will need 2 medium or large mixing bowls. In the fist one you will whip the heavy whipping cream and the vanilla until it is thick but not completely whipped into whipped topping.
- In the other bowl, whip the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Combine them in which ever bowl is bigger and mix for another minute or two or until they re completely combined.
- Spread filling evenly over the completely cooled crust and then spoon blueberry mixture over the filling and gently use a spoon to evenly cover the entire top of the dessert with the beautiful topping.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.