This easy and healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse is a delicious and healthy dessert that you can enjoy without feeling guilty!
By making healthy desserts, I like to kind of make myself feel good about not over-indulging in sugar-loaded stuff.
The other day, I saw that I had a big old tub of Greek yogurt lying in the refrigerator and for some reason, I wasn’t really feeling it. Of course, I ran to Pinterest and tried searching a simple dessert recipe using Greek Yogurt.
If you ask me whether this tastes like the real deal – I will be very honest. A traditional chocolate mousse has that rich creamy consistency since it has cream, eggs and all the lovely things that makes it heavenly.
This Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse will still give that yogurt feeling….
The original recipe asked to chill the mousse in the fridge for about 2 hours. While I did that, I also decided to experiment a little. I put one of my ramekins filled with this mousse in the Freezer for about an hour and ended up loving the creamy, freezer version as well!
- Greek Yogurt – 1 3/4 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips – but you can use dark or sweet chips if you prefer)
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Pour milk in a saucepan and put it on low heat. When the milk warms up, add chocolate chips and stir them until they melt. (Don’t bring the milk to a boil)
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, remove the milk from heat and let it rest for 3-5 minutes. Add honey, vanilla extract and greek yogurt and mix it properly. There should be no lumps (you can even use a hand mixer for this)
- Pour it into ramekins and let it chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled. You can add a little whipped cream on top while serving if you desire.
When I was testing out this recipe, I decided to experiment and kept some of it in the Freezer for about an hour. I ended up liking the creamy, frozen variation as well.